- Catering Manager
ABOUT THE JOB:
Burma Bear (burmabear.com) is looking for a super-organized FULL TIME Catering Manager to lead our catering operations. The ideal candidate leads by example to ensure A+ standards for punctuality and food quality. This is a key leadership role - he/she is a strong people manager who helps to drive a happy and collaborative team culture by delivering feedback well and communicating instructions clearly. A flexible attitude is needed, as our kitchen space is small and you and your team will be working in close quarters.
Burma Bear a rapidly-growing fast casual restaurant in uptown Oakland. Our unique menu combines Burmese dishes with American BBQ, and our innovative take on Burmese food has been featured in SF Examiner, Zagat.com, Thrillist, and SF Eater.
- Plan, prepare and execute all catering orders
- Deliver food to clients with A+ punctuality and order accuracy
- Enforce high standards for food quality
- Communicate clearly with our catering partners
- Manage weekly inventory - estimate weekly inventory consumption and forecast restocking needs
- Control costs and minimize waste
- Evaluate employee performance and provide feedback to keep them upbeat and productive
- Nurture a positive working environment and lead by example
- Monitor operations and initiate corrective actions
- Monitor compliance with sanitation and safety rules and regulations
- Minimum 2 years experience as catering manager
- Minimum 1 year commercial cooking experience
- Proficient with email and internet use
- Basic Microsoft Excel skills
- Valid California driver's license
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
You'll develop leadership skills and gain an intimate understanding of how a food startup operates. You'll work very closely with Chef and Owner Hubert Lim. Interest in entrepreneurship is a plus - you'll play an important role in helping us grow our business. This job is perfect for someone who has ever considered starting a business or restaurant.
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include 3 references.